For the Crockpot
Peg’s Crock Pot Mexican Shredded Beef Brisket
- 1 Large Beef Brisket (3-7lbs)
- 2 Packet of Taco Seasoning (about ˝ a packet or whatever you think depending on size of meat.)
- ˝ Cup or 1 small onion-diced
- 1 Small can chopped green chilis
- 1 Small can jalepeno peppers (use 4-5 to your liking)
- ˝ jar chunky type salsa - medium
- 1 cup Water
- Salt and pepper
Brown meat in olive oil. Salt and pepper meat before flipping and brown both sides quickly. Set meat in crock pot.
- Flour or Corn Tortillas
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheese
- Rice & Beans
- Shredded/Chopped Lettuce
Sprinkle with taco seasoning. Slice up 4-5 jalepeno peppers. Add all the ingredients.
Pour water over meat and ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Remove meat when done and shred with fork. Stir meat back into juices. Serve in corn or flour tortillas, either warmed in oven or pan fried on stove top with melted cheese. Top with guacamole, lettuce, salsa, sour cream, rice and beans.